Monday, October 10, 2016

Spinzilla 2016

On a whim I signed up for Spinzilla this year just a few hours before signups closed. I work full-time so I didn't really think I'd be able to accomplish much in the 7-day time span - but I couldn't resist! I spun up this merino from Judy's Novelty Wool that I've had in my stash since May 2015. 


4 ounces total, 497 yards of fingering weight(ish) finished yarn. As a 2-ply it counted as 1,491 yards total. Last year there was a spinner that spun nearly 50,000 yards - wow! So impressive!


I also learned a few things while I worked on this over the last week. I noticed that the chair I'm sitting in makes a big difference - I didn't notice that my single was getting way too much twist when I moved to my spot in the living room. The difference was the distance of my hands from the orifice. It took me a bit to figure out what was going on so there are sections in the yarn with curlicues. But, I will just snip out those sections when I get around to knitting or crocheting something with this.


I just love how these colors came together!

No comments:

Post a Comment