Sunday, July 3, 2016

Tour de Fleece 2016!

So, I decided to participate as a lurker in the Tour de Fleece this year! I didn't join a team - perhaps next year. This seemed like a fun low-stress adventure - there are three key principles:

Challenge Yourself.
Spin.
Have fun.


I had planned to prep my fiber before yesterday's kickoff, but I didn't get around to it until last evening so I had a rather late start. My goals are: Spin every day, and finish one skein of yarn. Set the bar low, right?

I haven't done enough spinning to really get an idea of my pace, so I've rounded up a few fibers for the event!


My first spin will be a combo spin of two of the Three Waters Farms TDF colorways for this year: I have 4 ozs each of Jubilee and Light on Leaves in a superwash Merino/Nylon blend (the two braids on the left). While I wait for those to rest before plying, I'd like to finish up the second half of my Greenwood Fiberworks Merino/nylon/stellina blend - I have about 2 ozs left (in the Victoria colorway - pinks/burgundy) Finally, if I have time, I'll start in on my 4 ozs of merino that I picked up last year at the Fibertrain Festival. It's from Judy's Novelty Wool in the Jason colorway (blues).

No comments:

Post a Comment