Monday, July 25, 2016

Tour de Fleece 2016 Wrap Up

Well, I spun about 2 ounces of my Three Waters Farm roving in the Summer Jubilee colorway over the last week, stages 16-21.


That brings my total to 6 ounces of fiber spun over the TDF - not sure of the yardage just yet. I didn't meet my goal of at least one finished yarn, but I learned a lot! These are my lessons learned for next year:
  • Prep all fiber before the tour starts. I like working with pre-drafted fiber.
  • Decide on the weight and plying method for each yarn before the tour starts. The multicolored Jubilee caused me to rethink my strategy a few times, so I will put a bit more thought into my yarn for next year so that I don't spend time ruminating!
  • Clear my calendar as much as possible! I ended up not spinning at all on several of the tour days because I just had a lot going on. 
 I'm looking forward to finishing up this yarn, and next year's tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment