Thursday, July 21, 2016

FO: Gardenia Cardigan

Finally finished up this simple cardigan!




I've had the Knit Picks Capra in my stash for years and had planned on knitting it into a cardigan when I made the purchase - it's been patiently waiting for me! I didn't follow a pattern for this - just knit a gauge swatch and calculated to my measurements. This was knit top-down and nearly-seamless; the patch pockets were seamed on after completion (as I wasn't sure I would have enough yarn left!). This took just shy of six skeins of Flamingo and a little over one skein of Black (about 870 yards total).



Knit on size 6US needles (size 4US for the ribbing). The buttons are nondescript plastic buttons I had in my stash. It's a wee bit on the tight side - hopefully I don't gain any weight before I can wear this in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment