Thursday, September 24, 2015

Blue Fluff, I Have Defeated You

Finally, after about 5 years, I spun my blue fluff into a finished yarn! It's about 460 yards of about a DK weight yarn - unfortunately it is a bit thick and thin, so some places it's more of a laceweight and others it is about a worsted. But I don't care, it's done, and I am so happy about it!


I bought an 8 oz bag of Louet Dyed Merino Silk Top when we went to the Taos Wool Festival back in 2010. I can't remember when I actually dug into it because it was also right around that time that I took a spinning class - I know that I didn't start it right away because I wanted to practice a bit first, but I can't remember if I started it before or after our move to Idaho in 2011.

Even though I spun 4 oz worth of singles - I have a lot leftover of the second batch. I inadvertently spun it much thinner than the first batch. I thought about plying that second little ball back on itself, but I am undecided. I might move on to some other spinning projects and come back to that bit of extra later, when I figure out what I want to do with it!

Now, to figure out what I want to make with this!


No comments:

Post a Comment