Wednesday, August 26, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Argyle Strikes Again

I feel that 2015 is turning into the Year of UFOs. My latest ancient UFO to surface again is my argyle sock, which caused me much consternation some years ago. Even more than having to rip them back to the cuff twice, the fact that it was going to be too small to fit my fat calf was another reason to shove it in the closet.

Despite the fact that no, it still isn't going to fit, I am going to finish the sock. Not planning on making a mate for it, but I will finish this sock and it will be lovely to behold.


I'm just settling in to start adding the white stripes in duplicate stitch. I might come back to the toe and heel though - the method of shaping them left them rather pointy at the corners. Having never finished a pair of socks before, I don't know if this is something that smooths itself out with wear. I might unpick them and try a different approach. If it will never be worn, it might as well be exquisite on the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment