Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year, New Goals for 2015

Happy New Year! I hate the cold, but I love the sunsets during this time of year.



2014 was a fairly productive craft year for me, compared to past years! I knit five adult garments, two baby cardigans, two shawls, one hat, and one pair of mittens. I made a couple of crochet items too: one baby blanket and one small afghan. I also finished sewing one dress and made a couple of watercolor paintings!

This is (hopefully) my last year of graduate school, so we'll see how much free time I have on my hands... but, being ambitious, here are my 2015 crafty goals:

1. Sew two garments this year. I don't love sewing, but I think it's a good skill to have and I'd like to improve mine a bit.

2. Participate in Me-Made May. I wanted to participate last year, but it just didn't happen. All the Me-Made May posts out in the blogosphere last year were so inspirational! Plus it's a good impetus to go through my handcrafted clothing and actually show it the love it deserves!

3. Complete two paintings this year. I don't draw or paint nearly as much as I wish I did, so I would really love to dedicate more time to those pursuits this year.

4. Publish a self-designed pattern. I've accumulated so many sketches and design ideas of patterns I would like to design and knit over the years, it's about time I actually bring one to life!

5. Complete the MHK Level 1. This is downright embarrassing - but I received my Master Hand Knitter level 1 instructions in January 2011. Four years ago, jeez! I just haven't gotten around to completing it and sending my materials in for review. I expect to have some resubmissions, but I am focused on passing this level and moving on to level 2!

And, of course, knit. A lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment