Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Deathflake Mittens FO

 I finished these mittens a couple of weeks ago and they have gotten used just about daily since thanks to the cold snap we're having! I absolutely loved this pattern by Sissel KB. The instructions were a bit confusing, but nothing that an intermediate knitter couldn't work out!

These were knit on size 0US and 2US needles with KnitPicks Palette in Charcoal Heather (black) and KnitPicks Imagination Handpainted Sock Yarn in Unicorn (main color - this yarn has been discontinued). I used an invisible cast on that I found online... I didn't quite like it, but I might do a quick review of it later. I want to test it out with another yarn.

I was really happy that the two yarns worked well together - they are both fingering weight, but the Palette is noticeably less dense. I wondered that it might cause some gauge issues, but blocking worked wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment