Sunday, June 8, 2014

Fail Day

Despite an otherwise great weekend being finally free of school for the summer, I've had so many fails today. I discovered that, for the last 10 rows or so, I've been sporadically using SL2TOG, K1, PSSO instead of SL 1 K2TOG, PSSO on my Anonymous Vampire. In a variegated yarn I don't think the untrained eye would notice it, but it's a serious issue for me. (I pointed out the mistakes using lightning bolts as arrows, trying to be clever). I'm thinking I'll spend the rest of the evening working on fixing this after my other fail.


I decided to get back to this Simplicity dress  I started last summer. I had abandoned it after I sewed one of the halter straps crooked, so the first thing I did today was unpick that portion and resew it. It wasn't until I started basting the top section that I noticed the tension on my machine is utterly out of whack. I am not a proficient sewer, so when I was unsuccessful going through the 'troubleshooting' section of my operation manual I decided to call the repair shop. I sewed a couple basic pillowcases a few weeks ago so I'm not sure what changed between then and now, but we'll see. Naturally, the authorized dealer is quite a distance away. Who knows when I'll get back to that stupid dress.

I did have one non-fail this weekend; I finished this second baby sweater just in time for the baby shower yesterday. It was well received, so that definitely makes me feel better about my other craft fails!


No comments:

Post a Comment