Friday, January 24, 2014

Lumpy Mess

I'm both excited and a little anxious about my Gail Shawl. I've got a few more rows until I start the edge chart... if my fingers are nimble enough, I might be able to finish and block it this weekend! That being said, it currently looks like a lumpy rainbow disaster. I've been uncertain about how large/small this will turn out, because my needles are 24" and the project is too crowded to get an idea of the finished size. The crowding (and striping) also hide any mistakes, so I'm really hoping not to find anything too garish when I block it!



At any rate, every time I use my Skacel addi Lace Turbo needles, I am so glad that I have them. I bought them about eight or nine years ago when I tackled my first lace project, not really knowing anything about lace (or much about knitting, for that matter). The longer I have them, the more I've grown to really appreciate them. The joins are essentially seamless so I never have snagging problems, and the tips are quite sharp, which helps with yarns that have a tendency to split. Someday, when I have the extra funds, I would like to acquire the addi Lace Click set. A girl can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment