Sunday, September 1, 2013

Taking stock

I decided to rummage through my craft closet today to take stock of my stash and my WIPs (or lack thereof) to do some planning for my fall and winter crafting. Every time I rifle through my stuff I am amazed at the sheer volume of supplies I have crammed in there. It is nice to get inspired, though, and pick up a couple long-time lingering WIPS.


I started making squares for my Sunscape Throw again, at this rate I might finish in ten years.


I pulled out my blue merino/silk to putter away on it tonight. I finally got Prometheus after being seriously disturbed by it in theaters when it was first released... it's one of those movies that leaves you wondering if it was so deep you just missed the point, or if it just didn't make any sense at all. I intend to discover which category this movie falls into.


I also knit a gauge swatch for my Audrey in Unst with Knit Picks City Tweed DK that I bought on impulse when they were having their alpaca fiber sale several months ago.

I gave up on the summer blouse I had started last month. The finished product in several of the Ravelry project pages was gorgeous. I like the cowl neck design and will likely end up using it as jumping board for my own concoction, I just think that if you purchase a pattern you are paying for the convenience of not having to compute all the sizing calculations on your own. Buyer beware, I guess!

On the other hand, I have recalculated correct sizing for  my Blackstone Bramblewood Vest. This pattern was free, so I am far less annoyed at having to fiddle around with the shaping/sizing to fit me correctly than if I had paid for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment