Sunday, July 14, 2013

Radioactive Honeybee

I finished it sometime last week but only today got up the gumption to go take photos!




I love the sweater, but I do wish I had chosen the next size down... It fits fine in the bust area, but it's too wide in the shoulders due to the extra lace column at each side. Even so, it is still lovely and I expect to get a lot of wear out of this!

Knit in KnitPicks Stroll Tonal, just shy of 3 hanks, on size 4US needles. Mine is in the colorway Golden Glow (that has been replaced by GoldRush, it seems) and is a very vibrant melange of yellows. Hence the title.

The only modification I made was to add long sleeves, otherwise I followed the pattern to a T. This was an exceptionally well-written pattern (by Laura Chau). I absolutely hate spending money on a pattern to find that the author included incomplete gauge information, neglected to include schematics, or relied on vague information or incorrect sizing calculations. Unfortunately, I recently purchased a pattern that met that exact description... this one is such a contrast! I would buy another pattern from this designer in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment