Sunday, May 5, 2013

Instant Gratification Projects

Are so instantly gratifying.

I finished my Linocut Beret yesterday and blocked it over a large dinner plate overnight. It turned out a little on the small side; I typically like my berets with a little more slouch. As a number of other Ravelers pointed out the hat turns out quite small. I really had to wrestle my wet hat over the plate, and although it stretched the brim out a little too much, it is wearable and really cute. I'm just glad I worked this in a blockable yarn... had this been acrylic, or with too much nylon, I would have had to frog it.

I still have about 250 yards of the Black Trillium Fiber Studio Trinity Sock yarn left, thinking it will likely become a Christmas gift for this year. Already thinking about the holidays, and it's not even June yet!

I'm just about done with my New York Cardigan, I've finished the body and now just have to knit the back neck portions of the shawl collar and sew them to the bound off edge and  graft them at the center back. Soon it will be too hot to wear this out and about, but I'm thinking it will become a regular staple in my work wardrobe since the office is usually too chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment