Monday, May 20, 2013

A rare beast

I'm referring to an FO, of course. I feel like I haven't finished anything substantial in ages.... thinking back, I believe my Aeolian Shawl was the last major crafty undertaking. Wow, it's almost halfway through the year and only 2 big projects done. Where has the time gone?! Oh, that's right, to late nights writing last minute papers and cramming.

I finally sewed the buttons on my Miette  and I am so glad I did! I love it. To be honest, I really had some reservations about this as I was knitting it, the neckline seemed somewhat weird on mine and the fit also seemed off as I tried it on throughout. I trucked on through it anyway just to knit up the yarn, and it just came together so nicely!

 I am glad I went to the extra effort to take careful measurements from my gauge swatch and for my own sizing to make sure the fit was right. I made a few modifications through the bust and waist area to accommodate for in-between sizing and knit the neckline ribbing extra tightly as my cast on seemed a little loose and I was worried about the neckline sagging a little. No such problem! I think I will get a lot of wear out of this.


Knit with Caron Simply Soft on US size 7 and 8 needles, about 615 yards.



No comments:

Post a Comment