Monday, January 21, 2013

Paid holidays, for the win

Once upon a time, I worked for an employer that did not offer paid holidays (like many other employers). The concept of being paid while doing completely non-work related activities is a novelty to me. It's been such a productive weekend, which is unusual for me anyway, and to have a THIRD day to do whatever I want is just so fun.

I broke in the KitchenAid mixer this weekend. M used the meat grinder attachment and we had chicken/bacon burgers (I think the leftovers will become meatballs tonight) and I made banana bread. I do all the baking, he does everything else. 


I also finished the second iteration of my Aeolian Shawl


And washed and blocked it. It blocked out so beautifully!
 I used Juniper Moon Farm Findley in Dove, 0.72 ball (about 575 yards) on size 5 needles. The yarn so lovely, it really has a nice hand to it. I would use it again in a heartbeat!

I have a few stragglers that I want to finish up before diving into any big new projects, we'll see how that goes. I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment