Monday, September 10, 2012

Three Shawls Down

And two to go. After blocking my Peacock Shawl, I've decided it's time to cave and buy lace blocking wires. I hate the weird little peaks on the straight edge of this.

I do, however, still love the shawl, and after it's reblocked (once I get my blocking wires!) it will be perfect. It came out just the right size... it could have been a little larger, but as a bottom-up shawl I just had to power through it. I'm still debating if I should knit a second one a little larger, as I have enough yarn left, but I'll have to see how much time I have left before Christmas when I finish #4 and #5!


I have to say that I loved working with Southwest Trading Company Xie (100% bamboo) so much that I bought another cone in black for my aunt's Rock Island Shawl. It has such a lovely sheen and is so soft and light! It also keeps stitch definition that you sometimes lose in finer yarns. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment