Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Fourth of July Edition

What would a Fourth of July post be without some good old American food? Chili cheese dog, potato salad (because one kind was clearly not enough), and root beer.

And the WIP part of this post! My Honeybee Cardigan is well underway...
I am making the full-length version. I'm eager to see where I'm at with yarn once the body is complete, because I am thinking of making long sleeves for this if I have enough leftover to pull it off. So far I am loving this yarn: it's Knit Picks Stroll Tonal. The colorway, Golden Glow, was discontinued but appears to have been replaced with Gold Rush. It is soft and has lovely stitch definition, and I am certain it will hold up quite well to wear.

In other exciting news, my fuchsia has little buds on it! 
I was not sure it would even bloom this summer, because it has been through a lot over the past year. When we moved, there was a freak accident with a rogue bottle of bleach, and several of my plants were affected. A couple didn't make it, but this guy held in there even though he really wasn't well for a long time. I am so pleased to have him in good health, he is one of my favorite flowering plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment