Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday


Made this spindle earlier this week to spin some finer gauge yarn... I found my Schact spindle to be a little heavy for fine yarn. Wooden applique, dowel, cup hook from Hobby Lobby with a couple coats of acrylic and a thin coat of iridescent medium. Started to spin up the Corriedale I picked up at Puffy Mondaes last week; I'm aiming for a Navajo-plied light fingering to fingering weight yarn, but for right now I'm focusing more on drafting and consistency and whatever weight I get is fine. 

Also have two 4x6 blanks to paint that I might get to today.

My argyle sock is sitting in the closet on a time-out. I'm on the fifth diamond repeat, but it's just starting to annoy me and when I knit angry I make mistakes and when I make mistakes I feel like swearing off knitting for the rest of my life. I'll get back to it one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment