Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Argyle Socks of Devastation

Thus named because they are devastating my ego. I've finally made some headway after ripping them back to the cuff.

I am still kicking myself that I mixed up the MC/CC placement with the diamonds, and even more so that it took me five repeats of the pattern to see it. With so many errors in my work you would think that I was quite careless... but in fact, I am really mindful of my work. Or I have a completely delusional self concept. Either way, I must not be reading my patterns carefully enough when I start because this seems to be an ongoing issue for me. Gauge issues in both my Creature Comforts Cardigan and my Featherweight Cardigan, obnoxious extra stockinette columns in my Cabled Tunic, ran out of yarn on my Caipirinha... geez. The only problem-free project I've worked on recently was my Etta Hat.


I've had this Noro Cash Island in my stash for about two years, and I had knit a beret shortly after I purchased it that I just hated. I didn't like the colorway or the pattern and crammed it into a corner of my stash. In my quest to stashbust I came across it again and it was love at second sight!


I didn't block the hat as I kind of liked the lumpy, rustic look. I had planned on taking a modeled picture down by the river, but it's been raining and gloomy the last two weeks. One of these days.

In other news, I just ordered some Valley Yarns Charlemont in Dusk, a lovely dark grey, to make myself an Audrey cardigan. It's my first time ordering from Webs, incidentally, I'm pretty excited to get the yarn as I've read great things about their products!

No comments:

Post a Comment