Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Annual Christmas WIP Dash

As usual, it's been a hectic minute since my last post. After a veritable whirlwind of activity over Thanksgiving and the following week, we're now settled into our new place and I'm gearing up for Christmas! Since I'm pretty broke this year I decided to make these slippers from GoodKnits for every lady on my gift list using up stash yarn. I had to buy another skein of the bright blue and the buttons for each pair, but spending approximately $2 per gift? Can't beat that!


I finished and sent off my bag for the Tote Your Hoopla swap over at Craftster just after we got moved in, I was so harried with the move I nearly missed the deadline!
I had wanted to do more embroidery in the tail section, but I ran out of time. I like the finished product but I'm not too sure I will be embroidering any time soon. Like mosaic, it's a craft that I've now tried but am unsure if I would enjoy doing again! I used this tutorial at Very Purple Person along with the pattern for the bag, even though I wasn't able to make it reversible because I affixed the feathers before sewing the bag together and would not have been able to turn the fabric inside out. BUT, I am planning to whip up a bag for my sister for Christmas following the pattern (and more than likely a bag for myself, too, because I'm opportunistic like that). 

And as a cheery aside from crafting, I noticed a little invader in my fuschia's pot a few weeks ago, and lo and behold it is a peanut plant!
The fuschia was out on the patio over the summer and early fall, and I was constantly chasing our resident squirrel off after he'd dig up my pots to bury whatever he'd found.... I must have missed this peanut! He's now living comfortably in his own pot. We have a neighbor that leaves food out for the birds and squirrels, so I can only assume that's where it came from.... and it's just ironic, because I have been struggling to raise some German chamomile seedlings with epicfail results, and here I've got a strong plant without even trying. As Jeff Goldblum said in Jurassic Park, life will find a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment